Coronavirus / COVID-19
Safety measures and precautions
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we would like to share with you the precautions we have implemented to help keep you and our cleaners safe, healthy and well.
Precautions we are asking all our cleaning teams to follow:
- Under no circumstances will we allow any cleaner who is sick, has flu-like symptoms or who has a sick family member to come to work in your home.
- All cleaners will exercise social distancing and follow personal exclusion rules as outlined by the Victorian and Federal government
- All cleaners must maintain the recommended safe distance between themselves and others.
- Cleaners will wash and sanitise their hands and will put on disposable gloves prior to entering your home.
- Cleaners will disinfect touch points into your home prior to them accessing (gates, doorbells, door knobs)
- Cleaners will disinfect items they touch between jobs (mop handles, vacuum handles, spray bottles)
- Usual sanitary practices will be followed throughout cleans (not re-using cloths between houses, using different colour cloths for different parts of your house – kitchen, bathrooms, toilet, general) – cloths will be used per house and will be bagged at the end and the cleaners will ensure they are thoroughly washed and sterilised.
We will continue to provide cleaning and sanitation in your home:
The latest advice from the authorities is that due to the outer wall of Coronavirus being made up of a fatty layer (lipids) the virus is readily broken down via common household soap and detergent.
Advice is that normal soap-based products and supplies are most effective in removing the Coronavirus from your home.
We will continue cleaning your home using soap and detergent based products.
Additional disinfecting of some areas of your home will continue as usual (bathrooms, toilets etc)
What we need from you:
- Cancel if you are sick. Please cancel your cleaning appointment if you or a family member is experiencing flu-like symptoms. We will waive all cancellation fees.
- Cancel if you need to quarantine. Please cancel if you or anyone in your household needs to quarantine. We will waive all cancellation fees.
- Notify us if you suspect you have been in contact with someone at risk. If you or anyone in your household may have recently been contact with someone who may be a risk factor please let us know. If it is decided to cancel all cancellation fees will be waived.
- Keep your distance. Social distancing is important. Please try to maintain a 1-2 meter distance from our cleaners while they are in your home
- Pause your service if necessary. We will gladly save your spot and freeze your price for up to 60 days
For your information, we are also including links to the following:
Australian Government – Department of Health:
World Health Organization’s Website:
The Sparkle and Shine team want to assure you all that we are taking this seriously.
It is our intent to be proactive and to limit risk to everyone’s wellness by being prepared.
Please feel free to reach our team if you have any questions or concerns regarding this on 9088 3118.
House Cleaning Made Simple